- Planning and Housing network
- Street and Public Realm Design network
- Design Leaders network
Networks are supported by our partnership organisations: Transport for London, Design for London, HCA London, the LDA, the GLA, CABE and the London Parks and Green Space Forum. We thank them for their help and guidance.
What do networks do?
Each network has a program of events throughout the year including;
Meetings: These are a good way to keep up to date with research, publications, policy and funding programmes with regular presentations from the experts and specialists. Three meetings are scheduled for each design programme.
Tricky Issue Sessions: These seminars discuss the nitty-gritty of specific design issues that might be causing controversy or confusion. Renowned design or practice experts will be invited to tell us about views and favourite solutions, but these three sessions are mainly a chance for network members to bring along schemes, questions or problems to discuss with others.
Site Visits: Sometimes we can learn more from visiting and looking at a scheme than any number of seminars and talks. So we are offering three guided visits to exemplar housing schemes over the year.
People who work for London boroughs or other organisations that subscribe or fund UDL can join networks for free.
Here are the latest posts for Networking (click on each to read further):
- Urban Design London Tricky Issue Debate – Supporting Cycling near Kerb Side Activity – 24th April
- Links between Planning and Public Realm Works at Neighbourhood Level
- Planning Network Meeting, 15 May 2012
- 07 Dec 2012 - Street Design Meeting and Tricky Issue Debate
- Neighbourhood Planning in London Survey
- Notes from Leaders Briefing on Future of Planning in London
- Designing Shared Facilities
- Street Network Meeting Report
- Valuing Green Infrastructure Toolkit Workshop – 18th of June 2010
- LDFs Network Meeting and Tricky Issues - 21st May 2010
- Notes from streets network meeting and tactile paving session 9 March 2010
- Planners Network Meeting - Summary of topics
- Aylesbury Regeneration Plans
- Summer Walk
- Past Network Meeting Notes