Dealing with Infill, Basements and Roof Extensions
06/03/18 (Full Day)
All you would ever need to know about interventions and additions to existing places, featuring a London Plan update from the GLA and a diverse line-up of architects sharing their experiences and award-winning projects.
- What is the London Plan Policy Approach? – Celeste Giusti, Greater London Authority
- How Does RB Kensington & Chelsea Deal With Basements? – Preeti Gulati-Tyagi, RB Kensington & Chelsea
- Award winning case-studies
- Roof Extension: Valetta House – Catrina L Stewart, Office S&M
- Infill: Endell Street for Soho Housing – Ian Chalk, Ian Chalk Architects
Good Procurement and Securing Quality
Investigating the ways we can use the planning system to get the quality we want and need, including a comprehensive overview of the latest best practice guidance from GLA and RIBA.
- Ten Principles for Procuring Better Outcomes – Lucy Carmichael, Royal Institute of British Architects
- What, When and Why Procure – Russell Curtis, RCKa Architects
- Securing Quality Through the Planning System – Charlie Rose, LB Camden