Planning for the Short Journey
This session will be exploring the diverse range of tools and techniques we can use to encourage more Londoners to walk and cycle for the short journey. We will be looking at the latest modelling tools, how to create a local network, cycle wayfinding strategies and how to inspire behaviour change.
- Laying the Foundations for a Healthier London – Nicholas Sanderson (Sustrans)
- Hybrid orientated development: a Dutch perspective on planning – Erik Tetteroo (APPM)
The Mayor has committed to a ‘Vision Zero’ approach in London, aiming to eliminate all deaths and serious injuries from road collisions by 2041. This session will be considering how design and management can help us reach this commitment and make our streets safer for all.
- Slow Speed London – Jeremy Leach (20’s Plenty for Us)
- Hostile vehicle measures: how can they be made more adaptable and aesthetic – Speaker from the Centre for the Protection of National Infrastructure
Looking at how we consider the monetary value of successful places and how this can, and should, feed into funding decisions.
To celebrate our 15th anniversary we are holding a series of events looking at what London has achieved and the lessons learnt. This seminar takes a look back and a look forward at how far we have come with street design in the capital and the challenges we now face.
- Shared Space – Ben Hamilton-Baillie (Hamilton-Baillie Associates)
- Advances in cycling design and infrastructure – Helen Adlington (TfL)
An opportunity for design VIP’s to get together and share ideas.
Advice on getting the best from negotiations and how to manage your project budget.
A practical session looking at the facts around air pollution: the costs and potential outcomes of different approaches.
Discussing different design elements, their dimensions, and how to draw proposal visualisations and plans.
Looking at the specific design challenges of high rise, super-dense, inner city, town centre and suburban schemes.