Current Programme UDL carried out an annual survey to help us plan our program next year. We wanted to know what topics people wanted us to cover in 2017/2018, so we asked our members. We also asked about current performance from previous events. Here are the results from over 100 responses. A big thank you to […]
We aim to help practitioners create and maintain well-designed, good quality places. We do this by offering training, advice, networking events, design surgeries and online resource.
UDL is supported by Transport for London and we work very closely with these organisations, helping to ensure our training and networking services reflect the most up to date policies, research, best practice examples and funding criteria.
We have been effective in playing a significant role in increasing skills and directly improving the quality of places. We are not a commercial training provider and work hard to ensure all income we receive is used to support our members.
– London needs to build homes fast, but these need to work well with their neighbours and neighbourhoods.
– We can intensify through increments, taking opportunities to use land better but not radically change an area all at once.
– We need to dovetail more homes with more services, assessing what is available and finding the most pragmatic places and ways to increase this in line with growing populations.
– Avoid intense sprawl.
– We need to change suburbs so they do not look and feel like the car is king.
– To successfully plan for suburban intensification we need to use better geographic and connectivity assessment tools.
Takeaways from our Evolving Suburbs event on the 28th April 2016.
Takeaways from our Smart Infrastructure event on the 5th July 2016
Takeaways from our Policy Symposium event on Tall Buildings 28th June 2016